Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Educational Blogs
I read through or looked at many of the educational blogs listed and most of them sadly I did not find very interesting. I did find one that I liked and from that one I discovered why I did not like the rest. The one I preferred was EduBlog Insights mostly because of how the layout was set up. This blog was well organized and easy to follow. Others I looked at I could not tell if it was an actual blog or a website about blogs. I did not like being able to tell what it was that I was looking at and from what point of view I was reading from. With EduBlog I could easily find the section about the person writing it, Anne Davis. To me it is important to know what is their purpose, background, and experience so that I know they are a good source for me as a future educator. I also very much like how along the side you could click not only a month archive but a specific category. This was very helpful for finding information I was looking for. From some of her blogs under "About Weblogs" I learned the value of blogging in a classroom for helping the students connect and discuss their learning. These kinds of connections are important for helping them truly understand what they are learning and gain new insight from each other. Previous to reading this I did not see the value of blogging in a classroom, and now I understand a little more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment