Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Reflection #1
In my Instructional Design class we have been discussing how to teach students with special needs. For many of these situations technology can greatly facilitate learning for these students. For example students with ADD/ADHD would benifit from using a SMARTboard because it is very interactive and it would provide physical movement while learning. Another example is with students who need special learning help. If I have a class website that contains the information and assignments online they can have a parent or tutor look at that and know exactly what the student needs to do. I very much plan on useing technology to improve my instuction of special needs students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tina, I love your integration ability! You are remarkably good at correlating two separate things together! I also love how you found another way to open up communication between teachers, students, tutors, parents, etc. I had not thought that by having a blog, parents could get more involved. Yet again...thinking outside the box. Now I want to go do a blog with my 6th graders.
Hey Tina,
I love that this semester everything seems to blend together. It feels like one thing we learn in one class applies to another class. This is a great observation that you had. You have inspired me to put down some of my thoughts on the use of technology with special education students. Thanks!
oh wow! I had never even though of using a SMARTBoard to help kids with ADD/ADHD! What a great idea! My goodness, the more we all think about the SMARTBoard, it seems like there are just more and more options!
Post a Comment